Our Vision: Play Scotland’s vision is for Scotland to be a playful nation.
Our Mission: To enable all children and young people in Scotland to have equal opportunities to participate in diverse and quality play experiences that meet their individual need.
Play Scotland works strategically and with partners to promote the importance of play for children’s development. This includes early interventions through play and creating increased and improved play opportunities indoors and outdoors – at home, in early learning, childcare and school, and in the community. We:
- tackle social and spatial justice and inequalities issues
- help improve attainment through play
- improve opportunities for children to develop physical literacy
- ensure children’s voices are heard
- create opportunities for children to access and co create the public realm.